Saturday, April 30, 2011

April's Pick - Kathryn

Matched by Ally Condie

I'm so sad I missed book club in April because I really enjoyed this book and thought it would create a lot of great discussion. Set in a Utopian society (an idealized impractical or unrealistic) where all your decisions in life are made for you, even who you will love and marry. While our heroine starts to question this long tradition, she starts an uprising that will be continued in two more books. Can't wait!!

I started to think, if that was normal life, would I just conform or stand up and cause a scene... I'm not sure cause I'm not one to make a fuss, but I don't think I could handle all my decisions made for me... then again, it would be nice not to have to worry about big grown up decisions.

Next month: Melanie
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
by Rebecca Skloot

From cover:
Doctors took her cells without asking. Those cells never died. They launched a medical revolution and a multi-million dollar industry. More than 20 years later, her children found out. Their lives would never be the same.

Cannot wait to discuss this book!

No comments: